June 20, 2013
Programmer / Analyst
Celtic International is looking for a full-time Programmer/Analyst.
DescriptionThe successful candidate will be working out of our Corporate office in Tinley Park, IL and maintain and extend a custom Perl/MySQL/Apache based business application as part of a small team of developers and contractors. In addition the successful candidate will work with business management to understand and analyze business processes and create IT recommendations. Candidates must be local to the area.
- Minimum of 4 years of programming, 2 years of programming in Perl.
- Minimum 2 years of MySQL experience. DBA experience a plus.
- Must have good knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Familiarity with EDI X12 a plus.
- Application Development
- Work with business to design and develop system solutions.
- Add and update system functionality as requested by business including reports.
- Business Application Maintenance
- Investigate and resolve system issues.
- Manage system users and customer access.
- Create code snap-shots on regular basis.
- Perform system archiving as needed.
- Set up and maintain EDI Trading partners. (FTP, Mapping)
- Provide EDI support, e.g. investigate and troubleshoot EDI transactions.
- Act as liaison between business and technical set up. Answer and investigate questions regarding business processes involving EDI.
- Unix system maintenance
- Perform MySQL database, file system, and web server application maintenance.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the fax, email, and ftp systems.
- General system management, system updates, user maintenance.
- Provide business application support for users.
How to ApplyIf your experience matches our requirements please email us your detailed resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line 'Ref #130611: Programmer/Analyst'.
At Celtic International we are always on the lookout for experienced professionals in the Transporation and IT industry.